(◕‿◕✿) facts about divorce for feminists and MRAs:
- in most (51%) of cases, both parents decided on their own (out of court) that the mother was to receive full custody
- in 29% of custody cases, the decision was made without any third party involvement
- in 91% of cases, the decision for the mother to have custody was made without court involvement
- of those who go to court, 70% of men who seek custody of their child receive it
- of those 70%, 1/3 of the cases cited domestic abuse as part of the reason for divorce
- women who mention having been victims of domestic abuse in court are less likely to receive custody of their children than women who didn’t
i’m tired of seeing posts on feminism by both feminists and MRAs citing “gender bias in custody cases” as a problem we need to solve. women aren’t unfairly receiving custody more often. abusive men are unfairly receiving custody.
the fact is, if my dad had actually attended his court ordered anger management type classes, i would legally have been required to spend a portion of my time with him until i turned 18, even though he beat my mother and abused me.
don’t let anyone make you think that the scale isn’t still tipped toward men in a court of law.
sources: (1) (2)